funkylady

I've been hearing a lot about this cafe since I got back, mostly from the henchmen who have no respite when it comes to satisfying their gastronomic cravings. The henchmen are not your typical guys when it comes to food. Definitely far from average (and several of them are still available wink*wink). Would an average person eat a whole Red Ribbon Chocolate Marjolaine or stash loads of McDonald's Milkshake in their fridge? I'm talking about authentic food aficionados here, these guys caused a Chinese restaurant in Binondo to stop their eat-all-you-can dimsum promo!

So, Thursday night, the three henchmen and I decided to meet up at Henny Penny situated beside Hi-top supermarket in Quezon Avenue. The place is very unassuming, it's cosy and good if you want to have a quiet conversation. I plopped down on one of their comfy seats and surveyed the place. Not too many diners that night. There's a display window with lots of cakes and weiners at the counter and loaves of bread as well. A divider is up between the main dining area and the cashier's counter which displays different gourmet-flavoured coffee, which I didn't bother to check. I can still wait for my Kenyan coffee still traveling halfway around the world, I presume.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I was really famished and hoped that the food is great and the serving big enough to sate the revolution in my tummy. There's a lot in the menu but we all asked for the tried and tested selection: I had a plate of french toast, two eggs, bacon, huge weiner, and a grilled tomato (Php168) plus hny and I shared half a chicken (Php138). The guys had the same except for pancakes. I also ordered Buko shake (Php50).



The meal was very satisfying. The french toast cut in, bite-size for easier nibbling and the pancake were both fluffy and not too sweet. The sausage was tender and not oily nor rubbery plus it's huge! I also liked the roasted chicken with its sweet and spicy sauce, I think roasting was perfectly timed as if it's left too long the meat would be hard, too short there'd still be blood on the chicken.

While eating, the guys are comparing the food with other restaurants serving "breakfast" meals, like Harry's and Pancake House. The latter got the biggest flak for serving size and Harry's is a bit far along UST plus I remembered their sausage was a bit overcooked when I had it in their Baguio branch. Obviously, HP is the hands down winner.

Henny Penny is located beside Hi-top Supermarket along Quezon Avenue. Ample parking.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home