funkylady

Music and more

Very good rendition of Boulevard of Broken Dreams by the Gregorian Masters of Chant (Chap. V).

File shared here.

***

When I tried to play NFSU2 this morning, I found out that the game has been 100% completed, still have the option to re-race in the world map but it'll definitely be boring from hereon although the rest of the cars in the garage haven't maxed on stars. Still have a Supra, a Navigator, and an Audi to primp.

I'm such a lousy player. I'm stuck in Diner Dash2 and Flo on the Go at really low levels it's embarassing. At least, I was able to find a hot date for my Sim, Svitlana (I don't why I'm amused with this name nowadays)! I know that a lot of children are playing this game, caution to parents, supervise your kids' version of the sims, if they get hold of the nude patch, blurs are removed and they can see lots of adult action. Good for adults (TT), bad for kids. Though, I don't know what small kids are not exposed to yet at this age of (over)information.

***
Watched the Curse of the Golden Flower. The story line was simple but the production was the total opposite. Zhang Yimou vividly depicts how the nobility lived during the T'ang dynasty from the dressing up of the Empress and the rest of the house members to meet the Huangdi to the preparation of the Emperor's bath. I hoped the vividness stopped there. It was almost the middle of the film and I was fearfully anticipating blood from the beginning, still there was none. Later, I discovered that the director saved all the blood for last. The MTRCB shouldn't have given the film a PG-13 rating only, it should be R18 instead because of the violence. There was a scene close to the ending where Chow Yun Fat, pissed off with his youngest son for killing his older half-brother, removed his heavy, golden belt and lashed the poor boy until he turned to pulp. That scene was in my head for days. Very disturbing in my point of view. This is the reason why I avoid watching gory, violent films. I easily get disturbed and it just sticks in my mind. Sometimes I even had nightmares. I wonder what kind of adults young children would grow up to when they're always exposed to too much gore and violence. Like the current prez of the US maybe who just wouldn't stop sending troops to Iraq.

***
Just a morale-booster for Filipinos (the utter lack of genuine public servants running for public office in the upcoming elections is really demoralising!): the former secretary of DENR, Elisea Gozun was chosen by the UNEP as one of the recipients of its Champions of the Earth award for her significant contribution in the protection and sustainable management of the Earth’s environment. http://www.unep.org/champions/Winners/winners2007/bebet.asp.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home