funkylady

Grey Tuesday

It's Tuesday and it's grey, hence the title. Despite my current addiction to Need for Speed Underground 2 (I know it's passe, racers are already playing NFSU Carbon or Most Wanted) and Putumayo music, I'm not playing either. I still have quite a number of things to do; uploading the country report for Ecuador and Nepal and start drafting the evaluation report of Fiji. But I'm more worried with my midterms exam on Thursday. I haven't read anything yet and my goal is to have a grade of 1 in that subject. Dream on.

I've accomplished two things though. I finished reading One, Two, Buckle my Shoe and as always, Christie didn't fail to surprise me. I have also finished installing Namo Webeditor 2006. In my opinion, Namo is easier to use when editing web templates compared to MS Frontpage. Newbies won't have difficulty navigating through and learning the program. I experimented with this new software because FP has been giving me hell in installing it. While installing, it keeps on looking for a missing .cab file. Good thing there are several alternatives in the market.
Hey, make that three. You're looking at the newly installed template of my blog courtesy of Gecko&Fly.

This made me realize just now how amazing technology is. I am able to communicate with my team in Joburg and our partners from around the world through Gmail and Skype. I was able to change my blog template without the fuss by searching for free blog templates in Google. Now, I can use another editing tool aside from FP and listen to all the music this 100gb desktop can handle through P2P file sharing. I'm also accessing the internet without cables by using a wi-fi connection, the whole house is a hotspot and the people living within 100m radius can freely access the net provided they know the password.

Now, all I need to score that much coveted grade of 1 is a virtual me with a pre-programmed chip to take the exam on Thursday.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home