funkylady

Volunteerism(ania)

Saturday NN. We attended the volunteers' orientation at the CEAE for the Pasig River Marathon on February 27. I've been meaning to find worthwhile activities to engage in since I have a lot of spare time. I've decided to volunteer for an org working towards environmental conservation for the simple reason of self-preservation. For one, if loggers would not stop the indiscriminate cutting of the Amazon forest, the Earth will have less oxygen and I don't wanna die from asphyxiation. Also, I want my children to bathe in clean seas, smell the flowers, and climb trees, those small things that we've experienced when we were small which defined who we are now. Now I'm getting sentimental. Okay, back to the orientation, we met a lot people and did a lot of activities together. It was really fun! I'm looking forward to the 27th for the marathon event, for sure it'll be more enjoyable as we assist thousands of runners.
Four hours later, we find ourselves walking through the stretch of Gilmore, now considered the computer hub of QC. Excited to find a hole-in-the-wall food stall offering unusual fare, we stopped by Happy Veggies situated inside a new computer building. Since I'm not really hungry yet, I just ordered soya milk while hny ate steamed vegetable dumplings. That began my love story with soya milk.
After purchasing a keyboard and some blank cds, we headed for the Gateway Mall. And it is such a small world, for time and again we bumped with the Dacio sisters. We saw them atbthe ticket booth, at Bench, outside Rustan's. They're gonna watch Constantine, while we're just aimlessly walking around. We found ourselves dining at Cibo, hny ordered Lamb Panini while I had Pasta al Amado (?). I liked everything even the bit-too-gamey lamb, but I loved their iced tea with mint.
Proceeded to Shopwise after and bought seemingly healthy food , viz: muscovado sugar, C2 green tea, chicken chunks, Florida mushroom, and soya milk! But the most fab find was the capiz earrings I bought from one of the small shops inside Shopwise. Can't wait to wear it tomorrow. Kikay :D
I've also volunteered for the Borgen Project and I'm currently reading the second volume of Sherlock Holmes adventures. I'm soo into the song All I Ask of You, a result of our watching the Phantom of the Opera last week. By the way, the name of the protagonist is Christine. :)
Movies to watch: Lemony Snickets' ASUE, Pooh's Heffalump Movie, The Aviator, and Hitch.
For movie reviews, click here: http://www.imdb.com/nowplaying/.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home