funkylady

I rarely read books written by authors other than Christie, Doyle, and Higgins. But of course, there came a time when I have read almost everything these creative geniuses had written. My passion does not end in reading their novels alone, I must possess the books. Most especially in the case of Dame Christie, I have lived my growing up (old) years hunting for her books. Here is the clincher: I must not buy from legit book stores, rather from hole-in-the-wall shops selling those priceless books dirt-cheap. I am nearing success with regard to Christie, she had written 80 novels and I already have 75. Five more to go and I have no more purpose in life.
The case is different as regards Doyle, I think his novels are harder to find than Christie's. And so I have to buy; my hny recently bought me a Barnes and Noble edition of the Complete Sherlock Holmes which I lovingly wrapped in plastic cover (OC). Higgins, I can live without, I just turn to her when I start to morph from funky lady to lunatic kristinne for lack of anything to read.
Other than those three writers, I have other books for variety: George Orwell's 1984 & Animal Farm, Sidney Sheldon's novels, Amy Tan's Joy Luck Club, and Umberto Eco's The Name of the Rose. The latter is priceless for reasons I will not divulge. Okay, I will Kuya Boy (parang Kris Aquino a), that book originally belongs to a famous person who once occupied my office space. He left his books and mementos for years, unread, accumulating dust. Then came I.
Some day, I will have that book Fed-exed to that person, it might be one of his prized possessions and he must have gone crazy looking for it. Although, he hasn't really cared that much for the book. The first thing I did to rehabilitate it is wrap it in plastic cover. (!)
Hay too much digression, this is not what I intend to write. I wanted to talk about a book which I am currently reading, entitled the Life of Pi by Yann Martel. I started to love the book and so I asked the owner's permission for me to cover it and lucky me, she obliged. Muchas gracias Bel for giving me the opportunity to explore other horizons through Piscine. From the few chapters I have read, I have learned to appreciate the idyllic nature of the sloths, how cruel that one of the mortal sins is named after these happy creatures. Also, I suddenly miss going to the zoo.
I still have a few hundred pages to read that's why I am soo eager to get home. :)
**
Thank God It's Friday!!!
**
PGMA decided to "up the ante" by raising the Valentine bonus to P3000. Thank you na rin kesa wala :)

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home