funkylady

Ang daming new movies! I love Thursdays! (di ba huwebes ngayon baka may bago nang palabaaas….ely buendia..remember eraserheads..duh) Every time we watch and see new trailers, my hny ticks off which of those many soon to be shown films are we going to watch. Being the good (and beautiful) girlfriend that I am, I just say okay to avoid disagreements. Yes, that’s the secret of our four-long years of blissful togetherness. One should give in, otherwise the discussion could go on forever. But most of the time and I mean 98%, he gives in!! Yey! Woman power!! I really like this one: Men control the world, but women control the men. ‘nuff said. Hihi ^-^

Speaking of movies, hny got excited over Michael Moore’s Fahrenheit 9/11. And I said, “Cut off that crap, I’m not watching it.” He also got excited over Ladder 49 and I said the same thing. I even suggested that he ask R (or any of his friends) to accompany him. See, that’s the kind of person I am, I don’t mince my words, I am 90% salbahe. The remaining 10% would account for the occasional kindness and compassion that I have for my fellow human (but lesser) beings. haha kidding! But come to think of it, why are there people like that? Those who think that they are superior over other races like the Germans during the time of Hitler and the Bushes during the time of Saddam?

I hate war movies. They evoke feelings that I would rather not feel because I easily get affected. I cry no, I bawl and no amount of Kleenex pocket tissue would dry my tears. Serious. I have a mole under my left eye kasi :D (connect?) The only war movie that I had the guts to watch is Schindler’s List. And of course Lord of the Rings. Such movies tire me tremendously. So, I have missed a lot of good movies because I want to save myself from such immeasurable sadness. Don’t argue with me. This is my blog. I’ll slap you.

**After reading Ebert's review of that much reviewed and raved film, I've decided we're gonna watch it. But not tonight coz we're watching Shark Tale at Galleria.



Notes from an avid moviegoer

Don’t ever watch at SM cinemas, even Cinema 1 at Megamall stinks. The floor sticky, the crowd icky, the seats have surot. Enough of this!! I mean Robinson’s cinemas and SM cinemas charge the same ticket price, but, Galleria is waaay better because they make sure that their movie houses are worth the money their patrons are parting with.

Another note: Why can’t people act normal whenever they’re inside the movie houses? They talk to their friends on their cellular phones, they tell their life stories to their companions, they even translate and explain the sequences of the movie, which is totally okay if their buddy is blind or deaf.

I am going to complain to the management of Alimall for their crappy cinemas. They are now charging 85 per, and that's a bit pricey considering you have a cinema which smells of mold. And the sound system was really, really baaad. Grabe, the things you have to endure for being a good girlfriend hehe

1 comments:

Hi krishnna!

Thanks for leaving a message on my TagBoard. I checked out the ghost stories on the peyups site...omigosh, as in SUPER CREEPY!

I've chanced upon peyups links before, but I've never checked the site itself. I think I'll finally do just that, AFTER posting this...

7:37 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home