funkylady

Anything goes....

Super tamad akong mag-blog these past few days, there are a lot of things to do for the upcoming ASPAP conference on Monday here at the College. However, I can't ignore my hny's plea for me to write a new blog, so I'm just gonna write down anything that comes into my mind.

^-^ Happy ako today coz its Friday and I get to rest tomorrow. (Oh no! sale sa Robinson's!)

We're playing badminton tonight with Bel. For two hours, I'm going to sweat out all the calories I've taken for the whole week. Good luck!

We're planning to go home tomorrow coz I havent seen my family for almost a month now and I'm not in Switzerland for goodness' sake..


Today is the last day of our director here at the office, we'll have a new one come November. Super cry-olah na naman aketch. I really should consider showbusiness as a career fallback when I get tired of serving my countrymen.

I feel so sorry for the kids who are neglected by their parents. Just last night while we were at Mcdonald's Philcoa and I am enjoying the bland Mcdonald's Barbecue (pseudo) Burger, a kid knocked at the glass window and gestured "pahingi". I told him to wait and I made my way to the counter to buy a burger and a sundae dip. As I gave him his own mcdo meal, i saw a glimmer of happiness in his eyes. I know it's not that much and it is discouraged to give alms, but what the heck, the boy is starving and your principles can't make the hunger go away. Besides, it's not money, but food. As I sat on my chair, the boy walk past the glass window and gave us a big smile and a thumbs up sign. That surely melted my heart away, and I tried so hard to fight back a tear. Hell, I'm such a crybaby.

Fast forward today: October 16 9.32 am. My joints are aching becasue of the really intense badminton games last night. Bel's sister is a good player and we tried so hard not to embarass ourselves. She's really good in powerdrives. And I'm beginning to get the hang of it. I can now hear a thwacking sound when I hit the shutlecock. But of course, I am only a beginner and it would take months and even years for me to play a smashing game. For now, keeping the shuttlecock at play for several exchanges is acceptable.

Did I mention I play volleyball, hours before our badminton tourney? Friday was such a very physical day. NCPAG has an on-going sportsfest and I am with the Yellow team along with other introverts in the college. First game, we lost to the Blue team, with the kind of performance only dodgeball players would appreciate. Later that night, we asked for a rematch due to some unfair set of rules which were applied only to our game, they used rallypoints so it should be up to 25 points per set, but they used only 15 for our game.The ending: we lost again but this time instead of feeling ashamed for a lousy play, we were really proud of what our team did. We fiercely played against the mostly pro blue team and we gave them a fight that they would remember. Ha! Yellow team fight!



2 comments:

this was a pretty hectic and busy blog...full of activity...eh...buti nakapagbadminton pa din tayo at hindi ka napagod masyado o na-injure...:)

ingat lagi....performance level ulit sa next game...

mwamwa...

10:21 AM  

thanks so much bun.. u really inspire me. thank you for the love you've given and continue to give me. mwah2 hny bun mosh2

12:56 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home