funkylady

Cure for Depression

Food. Whatelse?


I've been craving for comfort food for the last week or so despite our pigging out at Mr. Kebab last Tuesday where we've ordered two shawarma sandwiches and a sizzling lamb chop and a refreshing glass of watermelon shake (Goodness! I am such a shawarma and lamb fan, and the garlic sauce!!). I am so depressed because of my inability to will myself to concentrate on the tasks at hand, I have so many pending things to accomplish this weekend, and I really don't know where to start. I've discovered that during such depressed states, I crave for sweets and salty, MSG-laden junk food. I had tortillos for breakfast and a bunny-shaped white chocolate for dinner. Last night I also downed a biggie sized Cloud Nine. With this kind of lifestyle, I think I have to add several inches to my height or lose 5-8 pounds of excess body weight for me to be called healthy and fit.

This is indeed a very evil feeling at this time. My salary will not be in until Tuesday, I really don't have any money left (darn! the sufferings of a government employee! Curse GOCCs execs!!! Burn! Burn!Burn!). At my current state, I thought of kitchen and the chefs who manage those heavenly spaces. And I thought of the Iron Chef.

Iron chef is a show at the home and lifestyle channel which showcases the enviable talent of Masahiko Kobe (Iron Chef Italian), Chen Kenichi (Iron Chef Chinese), Masaharu Morimoto (iron Chef Japanese) and Hiroyuki Sakai (Iron Chef French). Chef Sakai is the most celebrated one. I have only watched him once during the duck battle and I must say he is definitely an Iron Chef! HAI!

For fun's sake, I have decided to take a test and determine which Iron Chef am I.
  • My #1 result for the SelectSmart.com selector, Which Iron Chef Are You?, is Chairman Kaga .
  • The hell?! I am Chairman Kaga?! He's not even an iron chef! I don't even know him. He looks like a granny with those frills and the make up! Hu Hu
    I feel soo cheated. I really make good Pillsburry pancakes, you know.
    I think I'll have some of that Yellowcab 18-inch pizza, please. *sob*

    1 comments:

    I got here through peyups. I love Iron Chef! I took the (funny) test, and got Michiba. I don't even like the guy! I got Chairman as 2nd, does that mean I dress like a drag queen? Whoops, sorry you got him pala. Tee-hee!

    Johanna @ http://johanna.blog-city.com

    12:38 PM  

    Newer Post Older Post Home