funkylady

I cant really think of a more creative title for this article, perhaps the main reason is that im not really a creative person. Whenever I read Agatha Christie's novels, i dont pause and imagine myself in the scene, like my more creative hny does. I dont want to exercise my gray cells thinking whodunnit. Perhaps I'm just a tad lazy, or im just a normal person. Now im digressing.
I've started to recollect my thoughts of what transpired over our one-week stay in Suwon, South Korea. Maybe Ill just write randomly. Whatever comes to my mind, Ill try to write it down, because i think i cant really capture the moments we've spent there in mere words. Thats a real lame excuse :D

Prelude to a Journey

Our flight is scheduled on July 31, Saturday at 12 noon. Would you believe that on Thursday, July 29, 30 minutes before 4 pm, we were rushing to the Korean embassy in Makati? We literally begged our way to the 18th floor of the Pacific Star building. We were so desperate. I even have to ask the first person on the line at the MRT ticket booth if he can give way to a desperate and haggard looking lady because "it's an emergency". The man wearing a camouflage military wear, agreed, on his face plastered a half-startled look. We asked the cab driver if he can reach the building in 5 minutes and we got a chuckle in return.
Minutes later we got our passports and started to do a last minute shopping everywhere in Makati. Yet we call ourselves planners. The minute we got home, we started to systematically pack our things. We'll be bringing two big luggage bags to be checked in and two smaller bags to be hand carried. I am not really rejoicing because i still have to pass the immigration officer at the airport. I really forgot some very important things and so i have to beg for more of HIS mercy to once more save my arse.
The night before our flight we had the nerve to watch a movie instead of recheck the things we'll be bringing. We had a fun time watching Along came Polly, so, no regrets. We left the house past 7 am and arrived at the airport just before 9. We still have to meet our co-delegates.
continued....
************

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home