funkylady

Smell the Flowers

These past few days I feel like I'm in a battle of some sort, though without bloodshed and decapitated bodies. It was a battle that happened within my mind, me against one of the deadliest sins, envy. I thought about the things that should be mine because I felt I deserved it. During these bouts of envy, I seek solace to the One who knows me most, Someone who knows my thoughts, my darkest secrets that I tried to keep in my subconscious, my fears, my intentions. And I found comfort. I tried to count all the wonderful things that surrounds me: my family, my hny and friends, all the people I love and love me back without conditions, the people and things I treasure deeply. You know what? I easily lose count, I felt overwhelmed, and I felt so blessed. Why shouldn't I be thankful when I am always safe and healthy, and my faily as well, just think of the countless road mishaps and unfortunate accidents that happen everyday, you'll be glad that you are breathing this very moment. Why shouldn't I be thankful when I can eat on fancy restos and splurge on things I want to buy.

Whenever I feel down and depressed, I think of the people who are in a deeper mess than I am. People who cannot afford to eat three decent meals a day, people without shelter and bed, people who cannot and will not be able to go to school.

When you take time to reflect on what you already have, you cannot really ask for more.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home