funkylady

I have always been excited about travelling. I remember boarding a big ship when I was five years old going to Jolo, Sulu with my lolo and lola. We've spent days in the sea and despite occasional vomitting I enjoyed the trip immensely because of the dolphins following the ship and the seemingly endless chatter and clutter of the passengers. There was also a place (I cant remember where) where children swimming in the sea would ask for coins to be thrown in the water and they would retrieve it happily coz they get to keep it.
We stayed in Jolo for a week or so just in time to attend my uncle's graduation. I ate a lot of durian candy there, perhaps my early encounter with that foul-smelling fruit made me grew up without any aversions to it. It was also my first time to see people with armalites and bazookas slung on their bodies as if it was a fashion statement.But there was no fear then, people, either Moslem or Christian just simply coexist.

During my high school days, I travelled to Romblon for a regional competition in parliamentary procedures. I was kinda active in extra curricular activities back then. It was also then that i discovered i hated losing and i really cried when we just placed second in that competition.

My college years seemed to me a hiatus from the constant travel and interaction with people. It seemed like i hibernated for four years. I became introvert and kept a very small circle of friends.I didnt join organizations, i thought i'd rather sleep since my boarding house is just within the campus.

I got excited over travelling once again during my first year at work. It was during that time that I bought my first ever travelling bag complete with rollers for mobility. It was not a Samsonite, but it was really tough and handy.It's name I think is Voyager.

(To be continued)

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home