funkylady

Day 3

Just came back from a very exhausting but fulfilling travel adventure from Padas where we did white water rafting. I thought I won't be able to make it as my tummy has failed me again! Must be the drop of sugar cane juice hny shared with me last night at the night market.

To go to Padas, we had to drive from KK to Beaufort for 1 1/2 hours then from Beaufort, take the local train to Padas. The train ride was quite hellish, it was hot, slow and bumpy. We are the only Pinoys amidst a sea of young Chinese people. Well, maybe 3 if you count the Half-Filipino, half-Malay tour guide, who speaks super broken English hehe

The rafting was great and I'm glad we did it. Our raft almost capsized twice if not for hny's hefty weight, it does help sometimes bun... We were very lucky as most of the rafts capsized in the 7-named sections of the river (Warm up, headhunter, washing machine, cobra's pit, snake house, scooby doo, and lambada) , we even saved two rafters and geez, it was no fun getting underwater in the churning, chocolate brown river. But we were briefed so we basically know what to do that is if you don't panic. Me and hny and some friendly Chinese people again as well as the tour guide with a speech defect were able to triumph over the giant waves of the merciless Padas river. I couldn't believe I was able to hold on for that long geez

Details when we get back, we still need to find a Chinese restaurant here selling maki and drop by 7-11 for gatorade.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home