funkylady

Boredom to the max

Wednesday is one boring day. I'm not surprised at all, I've been feeling like this since forever.

Skipped lunch kanina and waited for the merienda courtesy of our OIC, Garie. This is so much fun! Not having a boss for a week!

I was asked by an officemate if I wanna go to Tagaytay and spend my precious 4 days there: "To do what?", I asked "Social artistry," he quipped. Da hell.

Social artistry is the buzzword nowadays. The concept was introduced by Dr. Jean Houston.

"Social Artistry is a new profession whose craft could be said to be that of conscious evolution. .this new profession addresses the training of people who agree to this challenge and who have the maturity, initiative and vision as well as a passion for making a difference in the whole domain of human affairs. It requires considerable courage for what is being formed is possibly a movement as profound as it is outreaching in its implications for proactive social evolution."
It's being adopted and funded by the UNDP here in the Philippines. It was free and I get to spend 4 days away from the monotony of my cube farm life. I said no. Talk about happiness from martyrdom. I should be off to sainthood hehe
For the first time in years, I have to be serious with my studies. Our teacher in Estate Planning is way too strict and demands a lot. The last requirement was really out of this world, we are expected to submit a case study of best practices in housing! On top of that, we still have to submit two major papers, one a policy analysis of our report and two, a comprehensive critique of housing programs. We're contemplating of dropping this subject after the first meeting.
Losers hehe

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home