funkylady

Steak Jack
Location: Greenhills Parking Lot



We braved the sun and trooped to Greenhills to buy some expensive kid stuff (actually, its adult stuff), todd macfarlane's Spawn and some LOTR character toys (what are you thinkin'). Come lunch time, we havent decided where to eat so we just walk around and found a lot of restos in the parking lot. You see greenhills is now transforming into an ultimate shopping mecca minus the sweat coz the management decided to have the place air conditioned. A lot of shoppers are now enjoying their shopping with the more spacious aisles and more organized stalls.

We saw a lot of restos and I mean a lot. There's Cafe Mediterranian, Brothers Burgers, Gloria Jeans Coffees, KFC, etc. the choice is endless. In search of something new, we decided to try Steak Jack. Its a new establishment and there are just several tables, the place is cozy. We tried their T Bone steak with Glazed Onion which costs 190, you have an option to add P35 for two side dishes and I chose mixed veggies and corn and carrots. I had mine medium well. The service is fast, coz i havent started reading the magazine when our orders arrived. I guess they dont know what medium well is so my steak became medium rare with some blood (ewww). Its a bit tender, though my handicapped friend had some difficulty slicing the meat coz he cant hold the fork.The gravy is good while the vegies is not even half cooked I had difficulty chewing the beans. According to my other companion, their lemonade is ok and he let me have some sip. Its not the usual acidic lemonade, it tastes kinda homemade which is good.Their iced tea too tasted good but nothing really beats the iced tea of Wendy's. I wish I ordered french fries rather than the mixed veggies, I also had some blooper when the waiter asked me "Anong luto po?" after I ordered mixed vegies. I thought "what? I cant readily think of how would I like my vegies cooked, I thought sauteed, chop suey...then reality sank "mam, medium rare, well done..." oh.

Good to go there when youre craving for steaks coz their serving is big and its affordable.next time i'll have french fries..:D

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home